Saudi rights official says pursuing justice for Khashoggi murder

Saudi rights official says pursuing justice for Khashoggi murder

The Red Notice was reportedly issued for the former Saudi Deputy Intelligence Chief Ahmed al Asiri, and Saud al Qahtani, an advisor to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman.

Turkey on Thursday said Interpol had issued red notices for 20 people in connection with the murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi. It said earlier on Thursday that Saudi authorities should disclose the names of defendants and the charges they face if it wanted to avoid questions over the "sincerity of judicial proceedings in the kingdom".

Aiban said that there had so far been three hearings, and that the accused and their lawyers had been present. He gave no names or other details, however, as the suspects' identities have not yet been made public.

But Aiban said Saudi Arabia would not accept what he termed as foreign interference in its domestic affairs and judicial system.

Arsenal 3-0 Rennes: Unai Emery's side complete their Europa League comeback
Arsenal have missed out on Champions League football for the last two seasons, and their poor away record remains a big concerns. The ill-tempered feel to the match continued throughout a nervy second half as a number of strong challenges went unpunished.

The news came as Turkey slammed attempts by Saudi Arabia to shut down an global investigation into the journalist's killing.

The suspects, he said, "were entitled to a fair trial. and none of their human rights have been violated, and they have been subjected to no form of torture or cruel and inhuman treatment". "Those responsible must be held to account".

As Saudi officials continue to reject calls for an independent investigation, they have also continued to dispute accusations that the country's crown prince was involved in Khashoggi's killing.

Riyadh, in turn, initially denied any knowledge of the journalist's whereabouts, but later admitted that Khashoggi had been killed with a drug injection and his body had been dismembered and taken out of the consulate. More than a month after his death, the Central Intelligence Agency concluded Salman ordered Khashoggi's death. "The person who ordered this operation is still safe and he is still leading the country", Assiri said, referring to Salman.

Related Articles